IRIS: who does what at AUP?
Project Executive Leadership
This group defines the outlines of the project to ensure its success.
- Provide overall leadership on the project’s outcomes
- Ensure continued involvement in the project on the part of stakeholders
- Review the recommendations from the Project Sponsors and make all final decisions related to IRIS
Project Sponsors hold a strategic view of the entire project.
- Serve as executive sponsors of the project
- Represent an escalation and decision point for major project and policy issues
- Decide on substantial budget changes and change orders
- Represent an escalation point for AUP project manager(s)
- Organize monthly meetings on this topic, or more frequently if needed
The Project Manager has an operational overview of the project.
- Manages Subject-Matter Experts (SME) teams to ensure their objectives are met
- Ensures cross-area collaboration
- Supervises consultants to manage quality and planning
- Maintains and tracks the project plan, resources and schedules
- Gathers and escalates project issues and risks
- Prepares communications sent to stakeholders.
Data Standards Group
Data Standards Group develop and implement rigorous data standards essential to the business units.
- Establishes guidelines for Data standards, integrity and security
- Verifies that data content and changes can be audited
- Checks that access to data is properly authorized and controlled
- Makes sure change management practices are applied in maintenance of the database
- Ensures that data stewards are identified for each data set
- Checks if technical processes sustain data integrity
The Functional Lead is in charge of a subset of the overall project team.
- Accountable for managing staff and producing high-quality work products
- Helps the Project Manager plan, monitor, and control the project work
- Oversees many aspects of his or her respective project team.
The Functional Team members define and explain the current process and future requirement needs in their core area.
- They act as mentors in their area of expertise
- Work with users to develop processes that will facilitate the implementation of the new software
- Contribute to status reporting
- Help design and configure software parameters for each module
- Identify process improvement opportunities within the new software solution
Our partner – Moran Consulting Technology
We have chosen Moran Technology Consulting (MTC) to assist us in this project. It aims at preparing the campus for change by:
- Documenting our business practices
- Gathering our requirements for the new systems
- Developing Requests For Proposal (RFP) for software and implementation assistance
- Evaluating the vendor’s responses to make a recommendation for our new systems